Babraham Research Campus Cambridge
A Kentec based Fire System
In 2011, the Government awarded BBSRC £44M to invest in the Campus to deliver innovation from the research base, generate economic growth and create jobs.
The investment would help to create and support new companies and jobs based on world-leading bioscience.
As part of this development project B930 a New Follow-on Laboratory Building (Biology) was announced and was a project secured by Leader Systems for the installation of a new life safety system.
The system to be installed was based around the Kentec Syncro fire alarm control panel.
As an open protocol system Kentec is specified on many sites where there are multiple buildings requiring a high quality remote network capability to join them all together for control at a central point.
The system is widely used by industry specialists such as Leader and specifying its use ensures a competitive tender process whilst ensuring a high quality end product is delivered.
As this project was quite large the 6~8 loop Syncro was specified which has the following benefits:
- Available with 6 or 8 detection circuits, each capable of hosting up to 126 devices (Apollo), 240 devices (Argus Vega) or 127 devices (Hochiki).
- Syncro uses the most advanced microprocessor technology to provide a control system of extremely high integrity.
- Syncro can be configured to suit all types of system, from the most simple, to the highly complex.
- Its fully integrated and secure network provides comprehensive scalability.
- A large area graphic display ensures that information is presented in plain language with detailed extra help available by pressing a ‘help’ button.
- Syncro supports three of the most widely used communication protocols produced by leading fire detector manufacturers and employs daily calibration routines to ensure that the system is always at optimum performance.
The system which used 6 loops and incorporated approximately 400 addressable devices and 250 loop driven sounders was successfully completed in late 2014.
Contact us email@example.com